MetroHealth - Main Campus
R Engineering Team, LLC performed mechanical and electrical support services for MetroHealth Systems at the Main Campus located in Cleveland, Ohio.
• 710,000 square feet
• 11 Stories
• 360 feet long, east to west
• Private patient rooms with intensive care capability
– 450 patient rooms System wide
– All rooms equipped for double occupancy in case of emergency
• Green space will make up nearly half of our campus
• Patient rooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows with high level of privacy, technology, comfort and safety
• New hospital will connect to Critical Care Pavilion
– The Critical Care Pavilion will be converted to house women & children’s care
– Includes labor & delivery and the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
– Dedicated entrance
• Separate elevators for patients and staff/services
• Main entrance on Scranton Road
• Two-story lobby will feature:
– Gift shop
– Dining terrace
– Open views to outdoor green space
– Space for arts performances (choir, piano, dance, etc.)
Creating an EcoDistrict
“EcoDistrict” describes a community development process involving community partners in the planning of a resilient, sustainable and equitable region (ecodistricts.org).
Working toward making main campus and its surrounding neighborhood the 15th certified EcoDistrict in the U.S. and the first in the world anchored by a health system.
LEED Certification (Silver)
LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) scoring is based on green building design and construction in five areas:
• Sustainable Sites
• Water Efficiency
• Energy and Atmosphere
• Materials and Resources
• Indoor Environmental Quality
R Engineering Team, LLC performed electrical support services for Greater Cleveland Partnership on Opportunity Corridor located in Cleveland, Ohio.
Opportunity Corridor has the potential to be a road to progress – helping to provide economic resurgence, community reinvestment, better mobility, ecological restoration and more.
Extending from I-490 at East 55th Street to East 105th Street, the boulevard will offer quicker, more direct access to University Circle, a home to world-class cultural amenities, higher education institutions and the robust core of Cleveland’s growing health care industry. The three-mile boulevard will also provide improved connectivity to and through the Slavic Village, Central, Kinsman, Buckeye-Shaker, and Fairfax neighborhoods. Click here for a project map.
The positive spillover from the development is expected to energize the surrounding neighborhoods. As part of the project, about 300 acres of underutilized land will be made available for development. When complete, the Corridor will offer great opportunity for new residential and commercial developments alongside or close to it, along with increased access to jobs for nearby residents.
The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District 12 is leading the project in partnership with the City of Cleveland and numerous other partners. Public policy leaders see Opportunity Corridor as a chance to move Greater Cleveland forward by:
Connecting University Circle to the area highway system. Residents and the public will have better, more efficient access to vocational, educational and social destinations from Downtown to Midtown to University Circle.
Feeding the growth already underway in University Circle, helping to stimulate more expansion and job creation, providing economic growth when Cleveland needs it most.
Redeveloping an estimated 300 acres of what is now underdeveloped, underutilized land and large-scale brownfield reclamation.
MetroHealth - Main Campus Video
Opportunity Corridor Video
3100 E 45th St #306, Cleveland, OH 44127, USA
Phone: (216) 361-2500